June 22, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Mango Corn Salsa

This is one of my favorite summer time recipes. I got it from my friend Janet back home. I think I could eat this at least once a week and not get sick of it ... SO GOOD!

Salsa:

1 (11oz) Can of Corn, drained

1 (15oz) Can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed

½ cup chopped red pepper

½ cup chopped green pepper

1 Avocado, peeled and sliced

½ med. Cucumber, peeled, quartered & sliced

1 medium tomato, cubed

1 ripe mango, peeled & sliced

1 Tablespoon Olive oil

4 teaspoons vinegar




4 boneless Chicken breasts

Teriyaki marinade

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack

Torn Lettuce

Corn chips

Ranch Dressing

Cut chicken into cubes and put into bag with marinade

Refrigerate 1 hr, then drain and broil 10-15 min. let cool

In large bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Toss gently

To combine, adding chicken. Put 1 cup torn lettuce onto

Plate, top with corn chips (Frito's) , salsa mixture, shredded cheese,

and ranch dressing.